Thread: The Archbishop of Hyperion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Default  
    Siverous smiled broadly, "Well said your Grace, Auros chooses His servants wisely. I will never fail to serve as I still draw breath, and I understand there are more pressing matters which you must address at this time. First of which is your ordination so that you may be presented with the symbols of your office. Hm...perhaps each diocese and Order can provide you with one of these symbols, the sol pectoralis (pectoral sun), Sacred ring, mitre, crozier and pallium will all need to be made for you.

The Order d'Argento keeps a holy relic from Argentina in the Basilica. They claim it's all that was left of her when she disappeared from Agon. We call it, Argentina's Tear. It is a stone which bears a blushish hue at night, and silver during the day. If you wish, the Order will have a piece of this relic shaped to fit a ring for you."
    Last edited by Manus; 01-18-2009 at 03:53 AM.

2. #12 Default  
    Cynewulf is offline His Grace, the Most Honorable and Right Reverend the Archbishop of Sol Invictus
    Lord Primate of All Hyperion
    Vassal of King Manus
    Esteemed Guest
    Upon Father Siverous' proposal of relics from each diocese of the Church, Cynewulf nodded at the soundness of the suggestion, interjecting, "Even as I must now keep the concerns and the spiritual well-being of each independent diocese near to my heart, it fortifies my will toward this vast undertaking to think that a relic from the favored saint of each diocese will bless me while I attend my duties."

And when Cynewulf had heard the proposal of a piece from Argentina's Tear, pious joy beamed across his face. "A relic from St. Argentina, who kept her maiden purity throughout life, surely musten chasten me always to keep my judgment and actions pure of Malaut's corruption--and, having sacrificed her life to defend against pursuing hordes, may she, through this token that you graciously have offered for my ring, inspire me to an equal devotion for my Auran children, even at cost of life and limb!"

3. #13 Default  
    Starcius and Cynewulf had spent almost as many hours discussing the finest intricacies of Auran divinity as they had trained together in martial combat, and fended off wave after wave of the benighted. The new Archbishop had been the one monk in their Order who, invariably and above all others, would prove his prowess with Sun-sent distinction, be it through skill of sword, speech, or sagacity. The fraternal bonds were tight, tied by time and devotion. Standing now in front of him in his new seat of power, Starcius could hardly contain his emotions at witnessing his old friend deservedly raised to such spiritual heights. He genuflected and spoke.

“Your Grace, my Lord, my brother. We know our Radiant Lord could not have hand-picked a better man for His high ministry, nor one more zealous in faith, scholarship, or righteous fury. Cum dixisti “Manus viam indicabit”, we followed you from Niflheim into this sacred Kingdom, and now it pleases Him that your wisdom shan’t be limited in apportion to our Order, but rather to the whole of Hyperion; I followed you then, and I will follow you now through the even greater glories and virtuous deeds which must be reserved to the Holy Church, now that we have you to interpret and mediate the commands of our Lord of Light. We bask in your piety. Auros keep you safe.”