I, Surly, Baron of Urth. Be it known to all, present and future, that I have voluntarily sworn to my lord, Manus, king of Hyperion, to keep the agreements contained in this charter....

Therefore, let all present and to come know that I the said Baron of Urth, acknowledge to my lord Manus, king of Hyperion, and to thy successors that I hold and ought to hold as a fief from him the following: the fiefdoms of Syzygian Hammer, Haven and Thelema, whatever lands or property occupied by the Drunken Beggar Clan, the shire of Urth, containing the fortress of Kvitstein and the old hamlet of Haven, and I now receive the shire of Elba, containing the island fortress of Tiquiya, for each and all of which I make homage and fealty with hands and with mouth to king Manus, and to his successors, and from the abundance of which I shall grant to you 140 gold and 100 resources per week per man. And I swear upon myself that I will always be a faithful vassal to you and to your successors in all things in which a vassal is required to be faithful to his lord, and I will defend you, my lord, and all your successors, and the subjects of Hyperion present and to come and the castles and manors and all your men and their possessions against all malefactors and invaders, at my request and that of my successors at my own cost; and I will give to you power over all the castles and manors above described, in peace and in war, whenever they shall be claimed by you or by your successors.

In addition, should I fail in my duties, I will turn over to King Manus and his successors the fortresses of Kvitstein, Tiquiya and the old Haven hamlet and give him control of all the men who dwell there and all the knights who hold fiefs of the castles, so that if I break my promise to keep these agreements, all the aforesaid men shall hold directly of my lord, Manus, king of Hyperion; and they shall swear to aid him even against men and against every other man or woman or creature.

Surly Spitforge Von Fishbarrel Von Urth Von Elba

URTHSHIRE

ELBASHIRE