PDA

View Full Version : Bishop information

ZtyX
08-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey, I thought it would be helpful if the different bishops could be listed in this board. Then people could talk to them and confess their sins as well as ask for advice.

Amade
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM
It's easier being a dwarf. All you have to do is drink till you get really pished, when you wake up the next day you won't remember a bloody thing but by now everyone will already know what you did back when.......

There you go! Now you've got your guilt off your chest :-)

Sayton
08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Maybe they should start selling indulgences and make some money while they're at it.

Valens Bellator
08-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Maybe they should start selling indulgences and make some money while they're at it.

But then we'd have to deal with the "Reformed Church of Auros" shortly.

Incoming 30 years war!

Constantine
08-01-2008, 08:09 PM
What's with the whole confessing sins thing. This isn't the catholic church.

Siverous de'Medici
08-02-2008, 02:04 AM
Your "sins" are between you and Auros.

I'm personally against private RP between two people in the form of tells. I just don't see the point of it if it's not for everyone to read.

If you need to get something off your chest - tell your cat, your dog, your parents, your bestfriend, or your RL priest.

Now, if you happen to know of someone else who has been breaking spiritual law...then that might be something the Inquisition might like to know about...

As far as advice goes - just ask your respective Bishop on your Clan's forums in their Church thread. If they don't have one, petition your Clan leader for one. If you're part of the Royal Demnse, you'll just have to wait until an Archbishop is appointed...or post it here, and be prepared to get about 5 different responses.

TangerineSky
08-02-2008, 02:13 AM
You guys are referred to as the inquisition....?

Oh Geez, I'm going to need to hire assassins if for some reason you put me to "The Question"

Siverous de'Medici
08-02-2008, 02:16 AM
You guys are referred to as the inquisition....?

Oh Geez, I'm going to need to hire assassins if for some reason you put me to "The Question"

Well, unless you'd like to offer a better name for it...and we will not resemble the popularized version of the Spanish Inquisition you are mostly familiar with.

Amade
08-02-2008, 02:18 AM
...and we will not resemble the popularized version of the Spanish Inquisition you are mostly familiar with.

So they say...

Siverous de'Medici
08-02-2008, 02:47 AM
So they say...

If anyone wants to volunteer for a practice one, we could certainly demonstrate it.

One thing that's different is that we won't be killing you if you don't convert.

StormLord
08-02-2008, 02:53 AM
One thing that's different is that we won't be killing you if you don't convert.

*Gasp!* There are worse things?!?! :eek:

Amade
08-02-2008, 02:56 AM
Indeed! Do not fall for their wiles!

Siverous de'Medici
08-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Sure, we'll fine you into poverty, and you make your children our slaves.

Though Dwarves and Mirdain hardly have a reason to fear us - they'll most likely be ignored unless they give us a reason to go after them.

Baenor
08-02-2008, 08:09 AM
*Gasp!* There are worse things?!?! :eek:

Have you no sense?

I am sure that Sivvy meant to say we would be doing less extreme things than killing those who do not convert.
But... Of course there are worse things than meeting Auros, in all his glory.

Would you rather be sent in to the light to be dealt with by our Father himself, or suffer a life of discrimination, poverty and slavery?

TangerineSky
08-02-2008, 05:00 PM
If anyone wants to volunteer for a practice one, we could certainly demonstrate it.

Of course, no killing. Just stripping of rank, assets, and identity!!

Siverous de'Medici
08-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Of course, no killing. Just stripping of rank, assets, and identity!!

And just plain stripping.

StormLord
08-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Have you no sense?

I am sure that Sivvy meant to say we would be doing less extreme things than killing those who do not convert.
But... Of course there are worse things than meeting Auros, in all his glory.

Would you rather be sent in to the light to be dealt with by our Father himself, or suffer a life of discrimination, poverty and slavery?

Just a joke. :bean: I know the Church of Auros won't be extremist and use torture (what I had in mind that was worse than death, although the things posted were quite horrible as well). Or will they...?

ZtyX
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Haha, what's wrong with shaking up the cathedral a bit?

Baenor
08-05-2008, 02:06 AM
Haha, what's wrong with shaking up the cathedral a bit?

Many a thing.
For one example, you disrespect Auros and all that he stands for.

Though it does not matter, for I am sure this cathedral was built strong.

((metaphorical...))

The church should not be seen as threatening, nor intrusive. We are here to improve your quality of life, through inquisition and otherwise.

Amade
08-05-2008, 02:13 AM
We are here to improve your quality of life, through inquisition and otherwise.

I believe that is an oxymoron!

Baenor
08-05-2008, 06:50 AM
I believe that is an oxymoron!

Funny, my friend.

Do you know what inquisition actually is? Ignoring the history of the roman catholic church, that is.

So anyway, you think removing traitors and naysayers from the community is not improving your way of life? Or are you calling yourself a traitor?:confused:

Siverous de'Medici
08-05-2008, 07:16 AM
The Church is charged with the protection of the souls of the Kingdom - just like the Lord's protect you physically, we protect you spiritually.

Let me put it this way:

Imagine you live in a world where Satan is very much real - he physically lives beneath where you lay your head at night, and his plan is to amass an army of slaves so that he can control the world. Your neighbor might very well be one of his agents, and is trying to get you to submit to this demon by luring you in with promises of wealth and prosperty. Only once you do submit to this demon, your mind and body are warped until you resemble this: http://www.darkfallonline.com/monsters/servants_of_malaut.html

Now given all of that, is it any wonder that the Church is a little paranoid about people who display the traits of one of Malut's followers?