PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Pacmannery

Surly
04-14-2009, 08:18 AM
I, Surly, Baron of Urth. Be it known to all, present and future, that I have voluntarily sworn to my lord, Manus, king of Hyperion, to keep the agreements contained in this charter....

Therefore, let all present and to come know that I the said Baron of Urth, acknowledge to my lord Manus, king of Hyperion, and to thy successors that I hold and ought to hold as a fief from him the following: the fiefdoms of Syzygian Hammer, Haven and Thelema, whatever lands or property occupied by the Drunken Beggar Clan, the shire of Urth, containing the fortress of Kvitstein and the old hamlet of Haven, and I now receive the shire of Elba, containing the island fortress of Tiquiya, for each and all of which I make homage and fealty with hands and with mouth to king Manus, and to his successors, and from the abundance of which I shall grant to you 140 gold and 100 resources per week per man. And I swear upon myself that I will always be a faithful vassal to you and to your successors in all things in which a vassal is required to be faithful to his lord, and I will defend you, my lord, and all your successors, and the subjects of Hyperion present and to come and the castles and manors and all your men and their possessions against all malefactors and invaders, at my request and that of my successors at my own cost; and I will give to you power over all the castles and manors above described, in peace and in war, whenever they shall be claimed by you or by your successors.

In addition, should I fail in my duties, I will turn over to King Manus and his successors the fortresses of Kvitstein, Tiquiya and the old Haven hamlet and give him control of all the men who dwell there and all the knights who hold fiefs of the castles, so that if I break my promise to keep these agreements, all the aforesaid men shall hold directly of my lord, Manus, king of Hyperion; and they shall swear to aid him even against men and against every other man or woman or creature.

Surly Spitforge Von Fishbarrel Von Urth Von Elba

URTHSHIRE
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9544/sealanvilbn1.png

ELBASHIRE
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2010/sealelbala7.png

Manus
04-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I, therefore, the aforesaid Manus, by the grace of God king of Hyperion, receive the homage and fealty for all the fiefs and lands which are described above: in the way and with the agreements and understandings written above; and likewise We concede to thee and thine heirs and their successors, all the lands and estates and places aforesaid, as fiefs, along with this present charter, divided through the alphabet. And We promise to thee and thy heirs and successors of Urth and Elba that We will be good and faithful lord concerning all those things described above.

Wherefore, in witness before all, LET IT BE KNOWN that We with royal scepter anoint and sanctify Lord Surly, Baron of Urth henceforth creating him as a COUNT of the Kingdom of Hyperion, that from this day forward We do by these presents prefer our trusted friend to the state, degree, style, dignity, title and honor of COUNT OF ELBA.

AND WE COMMAND From this day forward to Ourself, Our heirs and successors that he above shall retain his station subject only to Royal good pleasure; That he shall have the right to bequeath his stations to his appointed heirs should he see fit, and if he should not that they shall return to the Throne upon departure. And further, that it shall and may be lawful to and for our said cousin, his heirs and assigns, by these presents from time to time, to nominate, make, constitute, ordain and confirm, by such name or names, as knight, thane, laird or baronet, as to him shall seem good, and likewise to revoke, discharge, change and alter as well his officers and ministers which hereafter shall be by him thought fit and needful to be made or used within the aforesaid territories; And also to make, ordain and establish all manner of orders, laws, directions, instructions, forms and ceremonies of government and magistracy fit and necessary for and concerning the government of the territories aforesaid. And we do further of our special grace, certain knowledge, and meer motion, grant, ordain and declare, that-such officers and ministers as from time to time shall be authorized and appointed in manner and form aforesaid, shall and may have full power and authority to use and exercise martial law in cases of emergency, invasion and mutiny, by force of their commission of lieutenancy, or any law or statute of this our realm of Hyperion. We further of our special grace, grant and ordain that he may build, fortify, man, and enfeoff any edifice of sound construction that shall by his judgment seem necessary, saving that portion of their bounty which he has reserved for Us.

All which by the tenor of these presents we have caused to be exemplified. In testimony whereof we have caused our seal of our said Kingdom of Hyperion to be hereunto affixed. WITNESS our trusty and well beloved Nira Nathair, Royal Queen of Heralds; our heralds Carnifex Bilius and Isobel Alagos.

Made in the first year of our reign.

Manus Rex

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6573/sealroyalmf6.png

Nira Nadhair
04-16-2009, 02:26 AM
The Royal College of Heralds finds this oath to be in good order and is hereby recorded. May Sol shine brightly on you both and all of Hyperion.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6573/sealroyalmf6.png
Lady Nira Nadhair
Queen of Heralds