PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Homage - Aethelric Brandt

Aethelric Brandt
04-13-2009, 03:40 AM
In the presence of the Kingdom and Auros Himself, I, Lord Aethelric Brandt, Abbot of the Order Vigilant of Auros and His Most Virtuous Hundred of Andruk, in the presence of my people do hereby give homage and acknowledge the sovereignty of His Majesty King Manus Dei I, Duke of Wessex, Count of Elba over myself and all followers of Auros including my order.

As Auros is the Sun above Agon and ruler of the heavens and earth, so the Throne of Hyperion holds sovereignty over all creatures within them. The Kingdom ought be a paragon of virtue and a deliverer of Light in a land rife with darkness, and so my sword and brothers are bound by the Will of Auros to the cause of the Crown.

Therefore, let all present and to come know that I, Abbot of the Virtuous Hundred of Andruk, acknowledge to His Majesty Manus Dei I, King of Hyperion, and to thy successors that I hold and ought to hold as an abbey from the demesne of His Majesty the Abbey of Andruk and its surroundings. I shall endeavor with the entirety of my power to defend and protect the holdings of His Majesty against whatever foes may oppose Hyperion dominion, to give good counsel when His Majesty seeks such, and to seek and destroy the enemies of Light where ever they are found.

Moreover do I recognize that I, on being created as an Abbot and Lord Spiritual of Hyperion, shall be entitled to a seat in the House of Lords of Hyperion, wherefore do I give my oath to protect, uphold, and obey the Carta Solis and the Common Law of Hyperion and all of its tenets, precepts, and rulings, whether they be decreed by His Majesty or by my peer lords, and I also shall require the same of all of my sergeants, warriors and brethren; that they protect the King, the Carta Solis, the Common Law and Hyperion as I will, and that they do so with every drawn breath, as it right before Auros and man alike.

In addition, should I fail in my duties, I will turn over to King Manus and the successors of His Majesty control of the Abbey of Andruk, so that if I break my promise to keep these agreements, all the aforesaid men shall hold directly of His Majesty Manus, king of Hyperion; and they shall directly swear to aid His Majesty even against men and against every other creature of any origin or temperament.

I will do homage to His Majesty, Manus, king of Hyperion, and I will keep faith with His Majesty against all creatures, living or dead.

Made in the year 1 of the reign of Manus.

Manus
04-13-2009, 03:51 AM
I, therefore, the aforesaid Manus, by the grace of God king of Hyperion, receive the homage and cede to the brothers of the order the land and citadel of the Abbey of Andruk described above as a temporality: in the way and with the agreements and understandings written above, owing to our devotion to Auros, His Church, and for the service of the military order the Order Vigilant of Auros and His Virtuous Hundred of the Northern Citadel in our land of Wessex. Specifically, the lands of the Abbey of Andruk meet the eastern border of the barony of Deephold, are bordered by the tip of the snowpeak to the south, by the plateau to the north, and by the last appearance of mountain before protectorate of Chopping Necks to the East.

THEREFORE, with crozier and ring We appoint the grandmaster knight as an enfeoffed abbot of the Holy Church of Auros in Hyperion, privy to the House of Lords and to give Us counsel, as is fitting.

Manus Rex

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6573/sealroyalmf6.png

Nira Nadhair
04-16-2009, 02:25 AM
The Royal College of Heralds finds this oath to be in good order and is hereby recorded. May Sol shine brightly on you both and all of Hyperion.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6573/sealroyalmf6.png
Lady Nira Nadhair
Queen of Heralds