PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Fealty - Sylage

Zira Kern
04-05-2009, 09:21 AM
The room was not very large, but imposing enough to let some sparse groups of people whispering on their way. The guards were regularly spread across the place, attentive and quiet; all were wearing the colors of the Realm of Kirdain.

The two shapes stopped behing the man they were following, making sure that they were two steps away from him, as it is required by Sanguine's protocol. Even if it was maybe not in use here, it was an innate reflex for those that are waiting to being announced, after more that one hour wait. Their guide reappeared from where he had vanished, and stepped aside.

"The Lord Regent is ready to receive you. You shall now enter."

The two figures nodded as a sign of recognition, and creeped into the two heavy oaked doors. They took a look around them: they were in a working cabinet, whose grey walls were concealed behind draperies, bookcases and other coats of arms. They stared at the man seated behind a table hidden under various scrolls, maps and sconces. They remained silent and still, attentive, while he finished a last scroll that he sealed and handed over to a page that came out from nowhere, whispering to him his instructions. He finally turned to those who requested a hearing with the Duke of Kirdain, rested his square chin on his joined hands and regarded them for a moment. He straightened up, and spoke from his seat:

"Greetings to you. Let me welcome you in the name of Duke Tibador GreyMarch. I am Supreme Hurtis, Lord Regent of the realm of Kirdain, under the Kingdom of Hyperion of his highness King Manus Dei Ist. You asked for a hearing, what can I do for you?"

One of the two shapes stepped out, letting her compagnon behind; the light fell on a slim woman, she had deep-set features, bruised in some places, but appeared to be firm and determined. Her cloth and leather suit was badly concealing her armor as it was partially torn, and some dark marks were scaterring her left side up the middle of her thighs, whose copper red color were easily unveiling her origins; color that belonged in the same tone as her curly hair, brushed by the hood down on her shoulders. The Lord Regent after having scrutinized the curious woman standing in front of him, had a quick look to the one accompanying her, and as she was remaining behind, his attention went back to the young redhead. She performed a perfect curtsey, raised her face and started talking:

"Greetings to you, Lord Regent. My name is Zira Kern. The one beside me is Jenari Aielnor, she assists me. I am introducing myself in the name of my clan, Sylage. I am responsible for its political activity, and that is the object of my visit." She paused. The Lord Regent internally acknowledged that she didn't really have the appearance of a diplomat, and the young woman seemed to notice it.

"Please excuse my outfit; our frequent battles prevent me from having better ones to visit you with, and I am sorry about that. Anyway, I must admit that my fighting skills don't allow me to have such clothes". She smiled in a cynical way. "I don't want to waste your time, and at this time every arm count, thus our clan is impatiently waiting for us, and our absence has a great impact. I am...". The throat of the young redhead seemed to tighten, but she quickly pulled herself together as if nothing had happened.

"Our clan is not as old as a kingdom, or as solid as the stones of your house, Lord Regent. It is nevertheless our family, our house, we have our customs, our rules and colors. And our leaderss." She took an inspiration. "I am ... on behalf of the clan Sylage, here to offer you the allegiance of all my people to your cause, your Duchy and your kingdom." Zira distractedly passed a hand over her tired loops to push them away. "You know, the land of Agon are no longer safe, Alfars are pushing their attacks further and further into territories that are not theirs, and fighting are becoming more bitter. I do not teach you anything, it's not for nothing that we offer you our swords and our loyalty: the Duchy of Kirdain in general and the Kingdom of Hyperion itself is often at the center of these battles that are becoming more numerous and bloody." She smiled then. "I would have loved to bring you, as a sign of bravery or value, an army, or a batch of weapons, or horses of first race, but unfortunately, we support our own needs and do not produce surplus. However ..." pursued the young woman wearing a hand to her chest, "I have the plans we have prepared for the conquest of a village not far from your land, Lord Regent, relatively close to the center of Agon. Unfortunately ..." She sighed and made a gesture, designating her dress. "Unfortunately, I am forced to admit that we have neither the men nor the funding - although it is being worked on right now - or the siege hammers for this purpose. At the moment we can only rely on our weapons, our armor and our horses, in short what we carry and manufacture."

Ambassador sighed again slightly, her lips and made a quick sniff, the Lord Regent felt she took a decision at the moment, she straighten up her size and shoulder to put her new eyes suddenly hardened on him: "We do not want to wander aimlessly about the lands of Agon, and approaching times will require all the talent available in the craft and fight. We have much to learn. But we do not come as beggars, remember it, Lord Regent. We know that the laws of your duchy, and even the Kingdom of Hyperion forbid us to hold and manage a land that we have not conquered by ourselves, but from the moment we become yours, once we submit our plan to you, in case of victory we keep the administration of the territory to us, while our new possessions join the fold of the duchy and kingdom, if I understood." The young Zira was waiting for a confirmation from the Lord Regent, but he just kept staring at her, attentive. "If these conditions are yours, well ..."
An imperceptible hesitation, then she stepped backward by a half-step, ran a male greeting by putting her hand to her chest and bowing to half:

"Then my lord Lord Regent, on behalf of my clan Sylage, Zira Kern, diplomatic leader, urged our men, our women and our properties for your service. I swear an oath to our newly found home, the Realm of Kirdain and the House of Duke Tibador. I swear that my tribe will never unsheathe weapon against our friends - even if they were our enemy - and never sheath weapons against our enemies.
I also swear that the whole tribe under my command will fight to the last breath against all our former, present and future enemies and our new home will be safe for everybody who will fight with us side by side and every single person in need will find our help. Regardless place or time.
And finally I also swear to uphold the Solis Carta, the Crown and the House of Lords of Hyperion together with my lord, and to abide by their decisions. "

The firm voice, Zira Kern of the clan Sylage reopened her eyes and stood up: "And since my sword was confiscated and I can not present it to you, as is the custom of my family ..." A great gesture, and a dagger appeared in her right hand. Behind her the guards rose, but before anyone could draw a gesture or start a cry of alarm, the young woman went to a blow dry the blade on the palm of her hand, which instantly bloodshed. She then closed his fist, shook it and erected:
"By my blood, I Zavora Meyala Vin'tol der Kern Kern said Zira, swear. As my blood flows in my veins, my word will never dry."

Meerlinda Galbraith
04-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Let all of Agon hear that I, Meerlinda Galbraith, Lord of Sylage, do swear unconditional fealty to Duke Tibador of the Realm of Kirdain. On this day, we lay the tenacity of our warriors, the dexterity of our archers, the knowledge of our mages, the coin in our coffers, and the intuition of our leaders at your feet, forever serving the purpose of preserving the safety of our lands.

As long as the Kingdom of Hyperion continues to grant us safety within its borders, we, Sylage, vow to sacrifice our body, mind, and heart for the defense of the Realm. I swear, before the light of Auros, to fight alongside Hyperion both in times of strife and unity. I swear, on behalf of Sylage, to abide by the Carta Solis, and the laws of the Realm of Kirdain with certainty, and fidelity. I pledge to never, through action or speech, do anything to displease Duke Tibador of Kirdain or King Manus of Hyperion. Let this oath stand true until Duke Tibador releases me from service or death takes me.
All members of Sylage accept Taxes of Hyperion 140 gold and 100 by my men, per week and Taxes of Realm of Kirdain to help them has construct their Realm (city, boat ... )

I swear to fight our enemy's to the bitter end, should they try to lay waste or seige upon any part of the Kingdom.

I pledge the contribution of my brothers of Sylage to the Realm of Kirdain, for the higher cause of Hyperion.

Meerlinda Galbraith, Lord of Sylage

Tibador
04-12-2009, 12:08 PM
I accept Thee as Sir Zira Kern of Sylage as part of Realm of Kirdain under said terms may this unity bring about a stronger Shire and Kingdom.

Nira Nadhair
04-16-2009, 02:24 AM
The Royal College of Heralds finds this oath to be in good order and is hereby recorded. May Sol shine brightly on you both and all of Hyperion.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6573/sealroyalmf6.png
Lady Nira Nadhair
Queen of Heralds