PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Fealty - Magyar Republic

Magyar Republic
03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
By the light of Auros, I, Sir Magyar Republic of Bladethorpe, before all who stand in these cathedral walls hereby swear fealty and do homage to His Grace, Duke Tibador of Kirdain, to ever serve Kirdain and its peoples.

Let it be known that, I, Sir Magyar Republic of Bladethorpe, will adhere to the code of chivalry. I will be loyal, pledging my body, mind and heart at the defense of Kirdain in times of war and ill fortune with courage and prowess. I shall value the well-being of the Duchy and its living sacred embodiment, His Grace, Duke Tibador, above all other realms of Agon, saving the fealty we both owe to the the king. I shall show this value with actions; to do nothing that would harm the Duchy nor the Kingdom and to do all that is in my power to aid it.

In return for my Fealty and Homage to His Grace, Duke Tibador of Kirdain, I have rendered that land of Bladethorpe to him, that he being my liege lord shall render it back to me as a fief. He shall afford me all the standard provisions of military service and protection. In return, I must provide an amount of resources to be determined at a later date, from my own estate, to His Grace, Duke Tibador of Kirdain, as well as no less than 10 sergeants and 10 footman for battle under my own command to serve His Grace.

If I, or my sons, or their successors do not observe to His Grace, Duke Tibador of Kirdain, or to thy successors each and all the things declared above, and should come against these things, we wish that all the aforesaid fiefs should by that very fact be handed over to His Grace, Duke Tibador, to the Duchy of Kirdain, and to its successors.

I swear to uphold the Carta Solis, the Crown and the House of Lords of Hyperion together with my lord, and to abide by their decisions.

By Auros before whom this Cathedral is holy, I will to His Grace, Duke Tibador of Kirdain, be true and faithful, and love all which he loves and shun all which he shuns, according to the laws of Auros and the order of the world. Nor will I ever with will or action, through word or deed, do anything which is unpleasing to him, on condition that he will hold to me as I shall deserve it, and that he will perform everything as it was in our agreement when I submitted myself to him and chose his will.

Sir Magyar kneels before the eyes of Duke Tibador, and after a short silence proclaims, "I become your liege man."

Tibador
03-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I accept Thee as Sir Magyar Republic of Laudanum as part of Realm of Kirdain may this unity bring about a stronger Shire and Kingdom.