PDA

View Full Version : Oath of Fealty - Baron Cian Stonearms of Deephold

Cian
03-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Your majesty, I become your vassal from this day forward, of life and limb, and of earthly worship, and unto you shall be true and faithful, and bear to you faith for the tenements that I claim to hold of you. By the Lord Auros before whom this sanctuary is holy, I will to King Manus be true and faithful, and love all which he loves and shun all which he shuns, according to the laws of Auros and the order of the world. Nor will I ever with will or action, through word or deed, do anything which is unpleasing to his ideals, on condition that he will hold to me as I shall deserve it, and that he will perform everything as it was in our agreement when I submitted myself to him and chose his ideals."

I, Bandit Lord Cian Stonearms the rightful Baron de Deephold. Be it known to all, present and future, that I have voluntarily sworn to my lord, Manus, king of Hyperion, to keep the agreements contained in this charter.

Know that I come to you the Baron de Deephold, and now declare all my former fealties and obligations defied, and that as I do homage to your Crown, I shall tender that land of Deephold to you, that you being its king shall grant it back to me in fee even as I become your liege vassal.

Therefore, let all present and to come know that I the said Baron de Deephold, acknowledge verily to thee my lord Manus, by the grace of God, king of Hyperion, that I hold and ought to hold as a fief from thee the shire of Deephold for which I make homage and fealty with hands and with mouth to thee my said lord, king Manus, and from the abundance of which I shall grant to thee the 1/4 the future production of the mines of Deephold in the form of rare ores and cannon as well as the immediate service of our soldiers in the campaigns to eradicate barbarian peoples by and bring them under the grace of his majesty the King. And I swear that I will always be a faithful vassal to thee in all things in which a vassal is required to be faithful to his lord, and I will defend thee, my lord, and the subjects of Hyperion present and to come and the castles and manors and all your men and their possessions against all malefactors and invaders, at my request and that of my successors at my own cost; and I will give to thee power over all the castles and manors above described, in peace and in war, whenever they shall be claimed by thee.

I shall answer in military service to thee, my king Manus, whenever thou shalt call upon me, with 4 out of every 5 knights in my domain, but neither limited to only four, but to all knights I may muster according to the amount of possible knights fees in the land I claim as my shire, and with at least ten men for every knight who with me attends your Majesty's muster, and I shall be sure that they are liveried as properly as befits all the men and knights of a Baron of Hyperion. And if my land shall border with seaways or navigable rivers, that I shall answer feudal muster with one adequate warship for every knight's fee upon said waterfronts in my lands in place of infantry muster. Further, when thou hast convened the Parliament for the purpose of a levy, I shall pass this levy to all of my unenlisted men and bring all whosoever are able.

Moreover do I recognize that I, on being created as a peer to the Crown of Hyperion under King Manus, shall, according to the Carta Solis penned by King Manus, be entitled to a seat in the House of Lords of Hyperion, wherefore do I give my oath to protect, uphold, and obey the Carta Solis and the Common Law of Hyperion and all of its tenets, precepts, and rulings, whether they be decreed by His Majesty or by my peer lords, and I also shall require the same of all of my subjects, vassals, and liege men; that they swear to protect the King, the Carta Solis, the Common Law and Hyperion as I have, and that they do so when they shall make their liege homage to me.

In addition, should I fail in my duties, I will turn over to King Manus the fortresses of Deephold, and give him control of all the men who dwell there and all the knights who hold fiefs of the castles, so that if I break my promise to keep these agreements, all the aforesaid men shall hold directly of my lord, Manus, king of Hyperion; and they shall swear to aid him even against men and against every other man or woman or creature.

My debts are my own and on this day forth if I fail to pay I swear that I shall be stripped of all title and position and forever banned forthwith on pain of death from the lands of Hyperion and the king.

On this day I swear, Baron of Deephold, Bandit Lord of The Homeless Cian Stonearms

Manus
03-07-2009, 11:44 PM
I, therefore, the aforesaid Manus, by the grace of God king of Hyperion, receive the homage and fealty for the fief and lands which are described above: in the way and with the agreements and understandings written above; and likewise We concede to thee and thine heirs and their successors, the Baron Cian, the land west of the western border of the Duchy of Wessex which is marked at the stone of Hawkmoore, containing the hamlet of Quarendel and the fortresses Aradoth and Ottenhall, and which is bound in the south by the road south of Quarendel, and on the west by the lake which creates the northern shore of the black scar land and the lip of land west of Aradoth, and on the north by the road which runs north of Snorri's peak , when it shall be isolated and claimed, as a fief, along with this present charter. And We promise to thee and thy heirs and successors of Deephold, that We will be a good and faithful lord concerning all those things described above.

LET IT BE KNOWN that We with royal scepter anoint and sanctify Bandit Lord Cian, creating him as a BARON of the Kingdom of Hyperion, that from this day forward We do by these presents prefer our trusted cousin to the state, degree, style, dignity, title and honor of BARON OF DEEPHOLD.

AND WE COMMAND From this day forward to Ourself, Our heirs and successors that he above shall retain his station subject only to Royal good pleasure; That he shall shall have the right to bequeath his station to his appointed heirs should he see fit, and if he should not that it shall return to the Throne upon departure. And further, that it shall and may be lawful to and for our said cousin, his heirs and assigns, by these presents from time to time, to nominate, make, constitute, ordain and confirm, by such name or names, as knight, thane, laird or baronet, as to him shall seem good, and likewise to revoke, discharge, change and alter as well his officers and ministers which hereafter shall be by him thought fit and needful to be made or used within the aforesaid territories; And also to make, ordain and establish all manner of orders, laws, directions, instructions, forms and ceremonies of government and magistracy fit and necessary for and concerning the government of the territory aforesaid. And we do further of our special grace, certain knowledge, and meer motion, grant, ordain and declare, that-such officers and ministers as from time to time shall be authorized and appointed in manner and form aforesaid, shall and may have full power and authority to use and exercise martial law in cases of emergency, invasion and mutiny, by force of their commission of lieutenancy, or any law or statute of this our realm of Hyperion. We further of our special grace, grant and ordain that he may build, fortify, man, and enfeoff any edifice of sound construction that shall by his judgment seem necessary, saving that portion of their bounty which he has reserved for Us.

All which by the tenor of these presents we have caused to be exemplified. In testimony whereof we have caused our seal of our said Kingdom of Hyperion to be hereunto affixed. WITNESS our trusty and well beloved Nira Nathair, Herald of Hyperion; our Master of Heralds and trusted companion of our Province of Wessex, Jusik Walker and Carnifex Bilius.

Manus Rex

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1373/sealroyaltt5.png